Monday, August 20, 2007

What is this thing that I feel?

2007 has been a bonanza year for me!

The business is really getting going, I have another deal in the works, which I cannot yet speak to, and the new job is going gangbusters.

But if that is the case, why do I feel so dang tired and worn out? Yes yes, I know that the good things in life can be just as stressful as any other less fortunate event in our lives. Yes, I know that excitement can be just as wearing as say worrying about where the money will come from to pay the mortgage or whathaveyou.

So my question for you, dear readers, is when you feel worn out, when life seems to be leaving you behind because you just ain't walking fast enough (never mind that you are at a full out run already), what do you do? How do you take charge of things and ease the tension, schedule and whatever else needs to give.

I am dying to know.

Dyeing too, but that is somewhat less erm urgent at this very moment.

2 comments:

Bezzie said...

I'm a lister and a showerer. Showers are not only good relaxers--they help me compose my thoughts and get my stuff together!!

Batty said...

I do two things: I indulge myself. I try to be a little more forgiving when things don't get done, when I buy yet more yarn, when I spend yet another night surfing the web. When I work hard, I deserve to rest, a little bit of slow-paced me time that lets me recharge.
The other thing that helps me is exercise. I'm in a similar situation right now, with an amazing job that's taking most of the time I have. It's too hot for walking, which is my favorite way to decompress, and I get home too late to go to the gym. So I got two workout DVD's that look like fun. Working up a sweat to loud music is an excellent way to turn off the brain and give the body its due.

This should be followed by a nice, long shower using your favorite shower gel or soap, of course. Something that'll make you happy and relaxed as you smell it.