Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Olympic cable poncho-lower band

So here is the lower band in progress for the Olympic cable poncho. There are 5 and a half repeats here of a total of ten repeats. I have used a ball and a half, and have three balls total. 1 ball = 4 repeats, which leaves me somewhat short of a full poncho.

One would think that locating 2 balls of Wool Ease Chunky in Fisherman (off-white) could be so difficult in the greater SF bay Area, but it is. I finally ordered it online and the yarn should be here between the 1st and 8th of March, which is somewhat after the Olympics closing ceremony. I plan to knit it to the last inch of yarn that I have.



Anyway, it looks like I might be the last knitter over the finish line at the rate I am going. Oh well.

The whole thing acheived what I wanted, which was to try something more challenging.