Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Off to Asia....

Well we are off to Asia!

I am on a business trip to Singapore for a conversion that we are doing.

I finally got to a yarn store here in Singapore, now that the conversion is over. They did not have a lot of yarn, mostly Sirdar some Rowan and what looked like Classic Elite, but had a butterfly label on it. I bought only cotton, except for one skein of white acrylic that I intend to use to finish the bear for the baby.

Wouldn't you know that I would not have enough yarn to finish the bear....luckily I got through the back of the head and have only the the face to do, which I am doing in a white yarn that I am going to double or triple to get it right. I may have enough to make rabbit ears, which are more girly anyway.

And the purple shawl is coming along. I knit it on the knitting machines and then picked up stitches all the way around, I am now knitting the ruffle, but naturally have too many stitches on the needles, and so I will ave to go to a double circular method to get through it.

A couple of more days and then the family and I are off to Sabah in Malaysia for about 5 days of play.

Selamat datang!