Thursday, November 03, 2005

Knittin' On!

Boy, I am not so good about the day to day knitting journal, but oh well.

The purple shawl is coming....I just finished the 3rd increase row, and had to get a couple more needles, since I am running out of room on the needles.....Hopefully this weekend I will be able to finish the last of 4 increase rows and bind it off, which will probably take forever!

I have started now a poncho with some handspun made with black baby alpaca. I have about 350 yards, which should be enough on big needles, in this case 10.5.

and the Rowan cardi is still on the needles and has seen very little action at all. No worries, I am going to get to it.

Lastly, I have am doing the NaNoWriMo program. It's 50,000 words in 30 days, with winners being those that do the 50,000 words. It is three days in, two days since starting and I am up to a whopping 740 words. I have 2 weeks of vacation planned in November which should give me the time and space to do some of the writing.

My story is based on Rumpelstiltskin. We shall see how it goes......

Knit On!