Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!

I want to say that I dislike VD for the main reason of the expectations that it creates and usually fails to meet. So in the last few years, I have suspended all expectation. This is usually okay, until I see the beautiful long-stem roses that a newlywed in the office got from her husband or something.

To be clear, I don't want long stem roses, becuase they cost a lot of money and then they die. There is only so much jewelry that a woman can wear, and really, how much lingerie does one really need? Of course, the Rock could get me some yarn but again, I am really set with yarn through oh, I don't know, 2032?

But last night, I came home to this. The Rock went to a party supply store, and decorated a bit, and made a nice dinner for the prodigal wife (that would be me).



The evening continued with a roast lamb dinner, that included my husband and the kids, my father, stepmother and half brother. It was such nice meal and very enjoyable evening. No pressure, no obligation, exactly the way that a holiday should be.

No comments: