Monday, May 28, 2007

Knit, Spin, Dye!

Introducing some new yarns for Ceallach Dyes:

Summer Cotton is a fingering weight slightly thick and thin cotton, with 700 yds to the skein. One skein will knit up into a summer shell or camisole! Here is Summer Silk, a slightly finer fingering weight silk matka. With 900 yds per skein, that little silk sweater is very doable. To get yourself a skein of either the Summer Silk or Summer Cotton, follow the link on the right side that says Ceallach Dyes. I can now accept your Mastercard or Visa, and Priority Mail will have your yarn to you in no time at all.

On the spinning front, on the Minstrel, I have a bit of merino tencel that I got from Morgaine at Carolina Homespun. Don't know what it will be, as I spin just for me. On the needles, I have this sweet cotton cami from some stash yarn. It's a bright white and I started with a couple of triangles, with eyelets for a ribbon to run through. It's not my usual style of knitting, as it's really bare, but what the heck. I may even write up the pattern for it.
Here is the eyelet detail on the side, where it transitions from eyelets on the cups to eyelets round the back. And here is the decreases on the cup....Finally, you all remember my saying that I was working on the Adagio shawl from a Merging Colors kit? Well here it is. Finis.

Detail of the purple. Detail of the turquoise....

And that is all for now.


3 comments:

cpurl17 said...

Wow! You've been busy! I remember when you bought that shawl kit! It's beautiful and your new yarns look gorg!

Janet said...

So glad to see you finally finished your bind-off! The shawl is lovely.

Batty said...

Pretty yarn, but that shawl is the best of all. It's so pretty, I love the colors and its laciness (is that even a word?). Beautiful.