Sunday, February 04, 2007

Musings on the ways of the world

Today, we went to a show at the Design Department of UCDavis, to see this exhibition of ethnic textiles collected by my Father in Law. There was also a lecture by John Gillow on textiles of Africa, which was interesting, as well....

But the best part was talking to my kind of people....you know, the kind that care about art and culture and the preservation of the traditions of society.

The kind that recognize the inherent value of beauty and beautiful things.

The kind that think that technology is a tool to make life better, not remove the parts of our humanity that make us most human.

For that I am grateful.

I am also grateful for a peek at a return to my True Self. You know, that part that enjoys the process, and thinks that there may be a way to honor my true self and make a living. That believes that it's possible that with a little hard work and some serendipity all things are possible.

Anyway, check back for some exciting news in the next few days or week.

No knitting to report.

Spinning bison on the Sonata.

No comments: