Monday, September 11, 2006

Look it's DillyDallyKnitter!

So this weekend, I met up with a friend of a friend, and we trekked down to Los Altos Ca to Full Thread Ahead for a fun-filled day of knitting content. There was a speaker scheduled at about 5, and so we did the natural thing, which was to get a tray of appetizers and margaritas at a local Mexican cantina, and visited the other yarn shop in town as well, wherein we met nona of nonaknits, completely randomly.

What was the knitting content, you may ask?

Well. Since you asked. This woman from Canada was going to be there, and she was going to talk about knitting....yes, I know, boring, right? I mean who talks about knitting to 300 people.



Well except that she was really funny...and did you know that she's married to a record producer, isn't that way cool!? Oh, and if you look really carefully, she is knitting a sock while 300 people watch and don't realize it.....


Anyway, the knitty blogstalking assignment is celebrities, so here is my photo of me with dillydallyknitter, aka cpurl17 ala knittyboard. Isn't she just the sweetest thing ever?


Oh, and the woman from Canada is there in the middle, I am just not sure why she got in the photo, but hey, they always tell you that you should be gracious, and odd numbers do make for better photos.

Besides, she signed my book....Thanks, Stephanie!

No LeftCoastKnitter sightings to report.

8 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

That's so neat that you got to meet CPurl17! I wanna meet CPurl! =(

The Yarn Harlot thing is pretty cool too I suppose. ;)

SuzannaBanana said...

Cool! What was really neat about this was reading CPurl's post and then reading yours. You both had a blast.

cpurl17 said...

I get the award for the most un-cool wearing of a Clapotis ever--it looks like I'm wearing a knitted sash!

Janet said...

Well! I am insanely jealous! I didn't even know she was in the area. I'm glad you had a good time, though.

Bezzie said...

Me too! I wanna meet the infamous CA knitters!!!

You guys realize that you both match her sock right??

Sarah said...

Cool!

CPurl I wanna meet her too!

And the Harlot!

Batty said...

Wow, CPurl and the Harlot in one day! I'm so jealous! That's what I call a celebrity shot. You even have a picture of the amazing traveling sock!

LeftCoast Knits said...

Well, you would have seen LeftCoastKnitter if you had only looked at her dining room table right in front of her computer! So much work, so little time...

Glad you guys had a good time though!