Friday, April 14, 2006

Flowers are everywhere today


I woke up this morning and looked outside to find that my lilac bush, which I planted at least two years ago, and never flowered, has LILACS! Yeahhhh!

And then Annie posted this today. Note to all of you, we are not talking about the lovely soft green sweater knit on a machine with like a billion aught needles. It's the flower! I don't care for the beads, but the flower itself is nice.

The Calendar entry today is.....I am peeling back the sheet right now.....a Spring Shell, which is knit in boring stockinette in a cotton/acrylic yarn with a broad cedar green stripes along the bottom and narrow stripes just above. Then there are little lazy daisy thingees just above that. It's cute enough, especially with the addition of what I will talk about tomorrow, but the last thing that I want is some kind of detail to attract the eye to the biggest part of my body! Let me direct your attention to the northern states, ladies and gentlemen. Not that the south side does not have its own -er- delights, but the northern states are just well....thinner, thank you very much!

The last thing for today is good news! The Soy Silk Mutant is finally spun. It took FOOOORRRREEEEEVVVVVVEEEEEEERRRRRR! Really I am kind of an instant gratification girl....too long on a project and I turn to starting new projects for a little excitement in my life.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Greetings, Mistress Ceallach!
This is to let you know that I have linked to both you and Left Coast Knits on my blog,www.chocolateandraspberries.blogspot.com. I posted about flowers recently, too. Eventually, when I climb out of this slump I'll post about knitting. I have a couple of books for you, too, about a psychic redhead. I'll bring them the next time I'm at Borders.