Thursday, August 25, 2005

Hello!!

Here is my new blog.....I am feeling the need to connect with other knitters in addition to the folks that I run into at shows or from the knitting group.

Current projects:

a rectangular shrug out of R2 Paper in a dutch blue color....this yarn is amazing because it just seems to go on forever! I am on the second skein, and ready for the darn thing to be done....so of course I started a new project:

a cardi for baby Rowan in BabySoft Melon. I wanted to knit it loosely on the knitting machine up to just under the armpit, but it did NOT go well. I am still trying to figure out the machine a bit, but that is the way it goes. So instead I cast on a large number of stitches on size 13 or 15 needles. I plan to knit on them for a bit, to under the armpit and then decrease K2Tog all the way around to create a ruffle and then make the bodice proper. I am hoping that it goes quickly because I have an awful lot of yarn that I am working on. I also have some of this yarn in Lavender and have been toying with the idea of knitting some longies for Rowan with it. It would be pretty with the melon and all it would take would be a bit of trim etc on the cardi to coordinate them.

Just this morning, while on a conference call, I started another sweater on the knitting machine....in a minty green acrylic tape yarn that I brought home from Ireland 2-3 years ago. It will be plain stockinette with crocheted trim on the hem, sleeves and neckline. Just a basic silhouette to get trying the knitting machine on.

Ciao for now.

No comments: