Sunday, December 12, 2010

eat....

Sometimes you discover something that just satisfies something in your soul. It's usually a small thing, a gentle look, a kind word.

For me, right now, it's cheese.

Every morning I have two fried eggs for breakfast as part of a plan for weight loss with a dietitian. According to her, I need to also have at least one piece of toast with my eggs. Okey-fine.

The problem is the incredible burning tedium of two eggs in the morning.

Enter cheese, stage right.

Not sure what made me do it, but I started adding a slice of Cambozola to my toast....so toast the bread, top it with a slice of cambozola, and then drop the still quite hot fried egg on top. In the time it takes to put the pans away and move the plate to the table, the cheese has gone ooey-gooey but the yolk of the egg is still liquid.

One strategic bite and the cheese oozes out the holes of the bread and the yolk oozes over that and you have a delicious mess right in your mouth.

All because of the strategic application of a blue cheese and brie hybrid.

Oh, yeah, tried this with regular bleu. Too strong.

So, big shout out to Cambozola this morning.

No Knitting to report.

No comments: