Tuesday, September 04, 2007

It's official!

Yes, It's official.

I have startitis.

I dug out a lace shawl this weekend, knit a couple of rows feeling like I really could knit lace, put it down and cast on with some peach chunkyweight for a poncho for Littlest, who is tickled that I am knitting a "sweater for me?".

So I have grossly overestimated the amount of the yarn for the poncho for her. Looks like it needed only 2 skeins, not the four that I got. I hate that, because then you have a skein wandering around the stash, starting shyte with the other balls and generally making trouble. I am into the second ball, now, and there is a nice little cable going down the increase line. And I am knitting the cable with no cable needle. I feel so accomplished!

Then last night I cast on some Sea Silk that I pulled off the streets of Stash City, and put to work. I am knitting a Leaf lace pattern with it. I have gotten through one leaf so far without incident, and I even changed the decreases to one that gives you that nice little ridge down the thing.

You should know that I have a love hate relationship with lace. I tried a Flower Basket Shawl last fall and struggled the entire time with it. The Flower Basket Shawl should come with a Health Warning from the Knitter General on the back.

Warning: Knitting this shawl may make the strongest knitter's blood pressure rise, may require repeated frogging and may not turn out just right in the end anyway.

But no, I got suckered into it and nearly took my yarns life in the process.

So I am just delighted that I have gotten 18 rows into another lace pattern and it's working and my stitch count is perfect and and and.....

Well, I am happy.

So then this morning, I was up, I was ready for work, had broke the fast, and sat down to cast on for the Giotto Chevron shell from one of the recent Knit'n'Style.

Before work.

So naturally now, all I can think about is that I have 3-4 projects on the needles singing their siren song to me, and I don't wanna work on yet another project plan for yet another project that will probably run late.

It's just hard to get enthused about that for some strange reason!

2 comments:

Bezzie said...

I'm starting to get some wicked startitis too. But I've reached my maximum 3 WIP limit!

I hear you on the lace. I love your disclaimer!

cpurl17 said...

I think it's catching. Better take extra vitamin C!