Monday, July 23, 2007

Happy Bicentennial!

Happy Bicentennial to me!
Happy Bicentennial to me!

Happy 200 posts to me!

And many more......

Yes, folks, this is my 200th post on this blog. Lots of posts, lots of projects, and hopefully a lot more to come.

So I don't have pictures on me right now, but wanted to post and give an update on what's been going on with me anyway.

I have finished the knitting for the Mandrake shawl/poncho, which is going to be a pattern for inclusion with yarn purchases over at Ceallach Dyes. The yarn used is Twist, and I knit it up in the colorway Moon over Mandrake, thus the name Mandrake. I say shawl or poncho because I plan to take pics as both, for those who don't like ponchos. It could also be a convertible shawl, which are fun and fabulous, but I need to figure out the fasteners for that. The knitting is done, I blocked the piece yesty, and now have photos and finishing to do, and then more photos, before actually writing the pattern. This pattern will be fairly easy, for the newer knitter and uses only one skein of Twist.

You may remember that I also recently got a bunch of DB Cotton Angora on sale at a local yarn store. Well the knitting is also done on that. It is going to be a vest, and I have the three pieces of the vest complete, and have crocheted some granny squares for the side pieces under the arm. My plan is to crochet around the edges, as since the vest is machine knit, it tends to roll a bit more than hand knit stockinette. So the granny squares are done for the sides, and I sewed one row of them onto the vest last night, and the other row for the other side may get done tonight, allowing me to put the rest together and start the rest of the crochet for the vest.

Let's see, what else is underway?

The Airisu tank is underway as well, and just past or at the halfway mark, meaning I have 5 of 10 balls knit, but am unsure if I will knit all 10 into the tank. I switched to a 1x1 rib just below the bust of the tank, which I am liking the drape of, and may very well do that all the way down the tank, splitting into vents just above the hip. This is what I love about doing your own patterns, is that ability to change and adjust as you like. I probably should go ahead and sew the shoulder seams, put it on waste yarn and check the fit and flatter of the tank before I continue.

I am also preparing sample kits for retails stores of the Ceallach Dyes yarn line, so if you are reading this and would like a sample kit of the yarn line for your yarn shop, please drop me a wholesale inquiry.

I think that is all for now.

Ta Ta for now.

2 comments:

Bezzie said...

Ha ha, for a sec I thought it was 1976. ;-)

Can't wait to see your FOs. You've sparked an idea as well. Muhahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy 200th! Dang, you look good for your age! ;)